Coronavirus/ COVID-19 Status
18. March 2020 14:15:00
Ahola Transport’s operations continue despite the COVID-19 situation
Our drivers, personnel and management are all working very hard to guarantee you high quality logistics services and keep society running even in these challenging times.
Our COVID-19 contingency group that consists of members from our management, is meeting daily and instructing the organization according to the latest information from the authorities. Some of our contingency plans include remote work for part of the personnel, instructions on hand hygiene for drivers and increased cleaning at our premises.
Even if we are prepared for the situation, there are still some factors outside of our control that cause disruption in the freight traffic.
Heavy border controls
Most countries in Europe have now implemented heavy border controls and these have been causing very long queues. Jams have been caused especially on the border between Poland and Lithuania but also on the borders between the Baltic states. These jams are causing delays in the freight traffic to and from the Baltic States, Poland and the CEE countries.
Cancelled ferry departures
Due to travel restrictions set by governments, ferry departures have been cancelled on the following routes:
- Tallink M/S Silja Serenade: 19th of March 2020 until further notice
- Tallink M/S Silja Symphony: 19th of March 2020 until further notice
- Viking Line M/S Gabriella: 19th of March 2020 until further notice
- Viking Line M/S Mariella: 19th March 2020 until further notice
- Tallink M/S Silja Europa: 17th of March 2020 until further notice
- Tallink M/S Star: 18th of March 2020 until further notice
- Tallink M/S Baltic Queen and Victoria I, no traffic from the 15th of March 2020 until further notice
- Tallink M/S Romantika and Isabelle, no traffic from the 16th of March 2020 until further notice
The reduced ferry capacity may cause delays and extended lead times in the traffic between the Nordic countries, Baltic countries and the CEE countries.
Tighter security protocols
The more extensive control in harbors and tighter security protocol at factories and at customers’ premises are causing more waiting time for our drivers than normal in all of our market areas.
Your contact person at Ahola Transport is happy to help you with any question concerning your shipments.
Despite these unusual circumstances, we are is still always there for you!